Wednesday, March 03, 2004

BLA BLA BLA DEPRESSION

Where is the fine line of sanity's seduction,
Does it sleep by society's code of normalcy?
Depression is my one loyal friend,
Through the years, down in the fears,
Griping at my ambivalence to the end.
I hurt myself, my skin on the outside,
In attempts to kill that thing on the inside.
Seeing death is more than a brink of insanity,
It's deep, dismal prison in which to hide,
It makes dreaming about death like ice cream.
We are not crazy, we are our senses amplified.
You found it a game to watch my pain,
Did you pause and think of the scars on my soul?
My heart was bruised, torn and used,
Yet I followed you blindly into a blackening hole.
Love to me was a feeling new and pure,
Emotions unknown consumed my whole heart
You took my love and made it your whore,
Dissected my spirit and ripped it apart
I could see what you were doing to me,
And I hid my eyes, willed myself to be blind.
It was true that I was afraid to be free,
You pulled my soul too fiercely then left me behind.
I loved you for the attention you gave,
I loved so completely, with all of my power.
But I can't stay confined in this lonely cave,
I will break from your clutch, I will no longer cower.
The darkness still rips silently and cruelly within.
It consumes and it corrodes, crawling through this skin.
I've fabricated my life with lies, creating your love.
Something that never existed. A Blackened, broken dove.
Love clawed all truth from my blinded eyes.
Now I can see and now I despise.
Hate seethes inside and will never again be contained.
I give myself to the loathing that courses in these veins


www.rubysfire.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home