Monday, January 12, 2004

I feel like I've abandoned my hand held journal in many ways. I write more online than I do in "in bound." I miss the feel of the paper under my hand. I also am false. I don't write in the same way online that I do in my journals at home. There's a thick cover-up, and I think that's mostly due to the fact that I don't want to get intimate with my monitor and keyboard. I end up writing for the sake of my readers and not for myself, which is the most important aspect of journaling.
I guess this is an issue I have to work on personally, because there is a line between personal-internal and personal-out in the open. Writing, for me, has always been personal-internal, knowing to what extent I wish to expose myself to which people.

So, excuse me while I struggle between mediums and mediocrity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home