Sunday, January 11, 2004

WORD OF THE DAY FOR 1/12/2003

AMBIVALENCE

Definition: [adj] uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow; "was ambivalent about having children"
[adj] characterized by a mixture of opposite feelings or attitudes; "she felt ambivalent about his proposal"; "an ambivalent position on rent control"


Synonyms: ambiguous, equivocal, incertain, uncertain, unsure



We were discussing vocabulary that I used in my book and sometimes on my blogger that ummmmm some people did not really understand. Therefore we decided that we would list a word a day that I used or will be using to better the reading for some readers not as articulate or educated as others. So here is the first word.
I think it is retarded but it has been asked for and strongly suggested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home