Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Billy Mattar

What's it been? Over a decade? It still seems like it was four minutes ago. We only influenced eachother totally. We only bruised eachother even more so. What are you my Dad? You touch me like you are my dad. What are you my twin? You affect me like you are my twin. How long can a girl be shackled to you? How long before my dignity is reclaimed. How long can a girl stay haunted by you? Soon I'll grow up and I won't even flinch at your name.
So where've you been? I heard you moved to my city. My sister saw you somewhere downtown. I'd be paralyzed if I ran into you. My tongue would seize up if we were to meet again. What are you my blood? You touch me like you are my blood. What are you my skin? you affect me like you are my skin.
So tonight I was One room away from where I know you were standing. A well intentioned man had told me you just walked in. This man knows not how this information has affected me. But he knows the color of the car I just drove away in. What are you my kin? You touch me like you are my kin. What are you my air? You affect me like you are my air. How long can a girl be haunted by you? And how long before my dignity is reclaimed? How long will I feel shackled to you? Soon I'll grow up and I won't even flinch at your name. I hope soon I'll be strong and I won't ever flinch at your name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home